Sunday, December 7, 2008

PAN IIT 2008

I was contemplating between another and the one that I am about to pen. I decided for this one -

The PAN-IIT 2008 Bangalore Meet

The alumnus of IIT, alongwith the current students have up with what I call as a forum, PAN-IIT for the past 5 years now. This is a stage to exchange ideas, or as the tagline goes,
a platform to learn to innovate, inspire and transform. It is a forum which calls for the active participation of IITians in nation building, both at a macro and a micro-level.

In regards with this, PAN-IIT 2008 would be organized at IIT Chennai from the 19th to the 21st of December. For more details, visit http:\\paniit2008.org.

We, the ones who have registered from Bangalore, met yesterday at a Coffee Day in Indiranagar. I was pleasantly surprised to see the plethora of people that I found out there. Naresh Agarwal, as one of the organizers of the PAN-IIT meet, did a wonderful job of getting us all at the same place.

My motive of associating myself with PAN-IIT is to know people. I feel that I went out of depth for the past two years, when it comes to thought leadership, as Mr. Neeraj of hireatease
had put in. It was a wonderful experience as I got to meet my seniors (and a few of my juniors), who I would proudly term as budding entrepreneurs. I guess my first job now is to interact with
these clever guys, and get to know their motives and their inspirations to come up with ideas.

The talk then took a shape of discussing IITians role in nation building. Though we didnt come up with concrete plans, it nevertheless was a good start. I believe, as Mr. Srikanth had to say, that if we get to meet together, we can certainly shape ourselves and define ourselves with an identity unique to us.

As a parting token, I wish people to come forward and sound their ideas and opinions on such exercises. I invite you to use my blog as a forum for discussion, and I shall try to post anything
that you have to say on this blog, within the boundaries of this blog that is.

Hope for a frequent interaction, and hope for an active involvement in the exercise of reinventing ourselves.

No comments: